Thursday 23 February 2012

Accessorising Bathrooms

Hi there, wow what a couple of days I have had!! First a phonecall yesterday from 'The Telegraph' wanting to photograph one of my homes for thier Saturday Home Magazine!! Very exciting - so stay tuned and I will share more when I can. The photo shoot is set for next Tuesday.

As if that wasn't enough excitement for one week when I get a phone call from 'House & Garden Magazine' today also wanting to photograph one of my homes!!! Oh my god!! I nearly fell over backwards. So fingers crossed we have the right interior for them. I'll  have to come back to you on that one. Still uber exciting just to get a phonecall from them. They are a great magazine that I have subscribed to for many years.

Today's post is on accessorising bathrooms. I have had two queries from clients this week about how to accessorise thier bathroom and just jazz it up a bit. One of them has a new modern bathroom that is just a bit clinical for them, the other is a dated but charming Art Deco style with pedestal basin, art deco sconces and those big old fat crackle finish tiles. So here's the latest on decorating the bathroom.

A new trend that I have seen emerging is to decorate your bathroom with furniture items and treat it as just another room in your house that needs furnishing. This is fine if you have a large bathroom and room for that extra piece of furniture for va va voom. If your room is small then it's as easy as adding artworks, trays, vases, candles and coloured towels. Have a look at these images - hope you find some inspiration.

via Belle Maison - how about painting the floor

via Belle Maison - add a lounge!

via Coco +  Kelley Blog

via Desire to Inspire - bring a beautiful upholstered chair and a cocktail table

via Design Chic Blog - add a pot plant

via Desire to Inspire - how about some drapes, a bench and a Chandelier

via Desire to Inspire - turquoise accents

via Desire to Inspire

via Desire to Inspire - a little stool, fresh white towels, quirky lighting and a beautiful mirror

via desire to Inspire - wow!!! oversize mirror, chandelier and tiger print louis chair

via desire to Inspire - simple white stool & a Kartell Lamp

via Driftwood Blog - Brooke Shields Bathroom - drapes, artwork, flowers and fringed towels - divine!!

via Haute Indoor Couture - how about some nickel finish lanterns

via Marcus Design - wow it's like a living room, don't know where to start - groovy though

via Marcus Design - love the Zebra!! and the daybed

via Marcus Design - can you spot the bathroom?

via Marcus Design - lovely rug, ceramic stool - gorgeous!!

via Marcus Design - trays, flowers, upholstererd armchair

via Poise and Panache Blog  - lovely vintage timber furniture and those gorgeous candles really make this bathroom


If I have used an image from a designer that has not been properly credited please let me know so I can amend the details. Thank you, Jodie

No comments:

01 10