Tuesday 11 June 2013

Pastel & Milan

Hello, I have been enjoying all the reports back from the recent Milan Furniture Fair 'Salone-del Mobile'. Emerging trends such as pastel colours, lots of brass and copper, marble and natural timber finishes were popular. Before the online Blog and Social Media were so much a part of our lives it would take a while for the beautiful trends of the Milan Furniture Fair to hit our shores. That is obviously no longer the case.

You can see now how we are embracing the new metals, the extensive use of natural timber in interiors and as exterior detail on new homes. Homewares & art featured in beautiful pastels (though I do think the pastel furniture is yet to really take off - wont be long though) and more prominant use of marble. Marble was once reserved for the more upmarket or prestigious property. More and more you are seeing it being used and enjoyed by the masses.

I thought I would share a few photos from my online library of the various trends being used. Starting today with Pastel colour. Hope you enjoy the photos.

images via Decor8, My Pinterest Page, Est Magazine,

 


















No comments:

01 10