Tuesday 10 April 2012

Ikea

Hi, what a day!! I took a client shopping in Ikea today. He just moved into a 2 bedroom unit with absolutely nothing - so I had a whole house to outfit. What fun!! A shopping trip like today required a bit of organisation. I had already measured up the space the week before. I spent a few hours over the Easter weekend planning and kitting out the space using Ikea's great website. You can even put together little mood boards on there now. This was quite handy as I was doing it all on the laptop while I was away, so I didn't have access to all my usual office tools for mood boards etc.

We started out with all the large furniture items - bed, drawers, bedsides, sofa, dining table, chairs, buffet etc etc. Loaded all this lot into the van and SUV, then hit it all again for the lighting, accessories, linen etc. So 4 hours later - cars loaded to the rooftops we took it all back to the unit. Now my dear client has about 2 weeks worth of flat packs to put together - lucky him!! I wonder if I will get a few curses as he puts it all together. I'll try and get some photos when it's all done, so you can check it out.

I often use Ikea pieces to fill in with other more expensive items in a scheme. It's handy to have that option to keep costs down if the budget is tight. How do you feel about Ikea? Love it or hate it??

Here's a few rooms to view that I know have Ikea pieces in them - can you guess which pieces are Ikea?



via Bloesem

via Daily Dream Decor

via Decor8

via Decor8

via Decor8

via Decor8

via JPM Design

via JPM Design


If I have used an image from a designer that has not been properly credited please let me know so I can amend the details. Thank you, Jodie

No comments:

01 10